Thursday, February 3, 2011

Triple C Salad - Cucumber Cottage Cheese Salad


My daughter has this habit of walking in to through the door from school and the first declaration she makes is “I’m starving, what can I eat” and I am usually figuring out what to make/suggest to her in anticipation of that question, everyday, which is also healthy!!… you know how you can sometimes run out of ideas and you just open the fridge and voila something strikes you – Hey let’s try these together –
So out came the cukes – had my son peel and slice them while I got to season the cottage cheese and in less than 5 minutes, we had a, if I may say so myself, “deliciously" wholesome and healthy snack which was devoured in literally 2 minutes by my hungry teenagers (not before I took pictures, though J– Can there be anything more satisfying than that? And I think this is a pretty decent dish to serve as an appetizer or snack at a party!

Well here it is in less than 5 minutes

Ingredients
2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 cup of cottage cheese
2 tsp of Melange de France herbs (you can use other herbs as well)
½ tsp of herb de Provence
Pepper, salt

Preparation
Get a decorative plate and place the cucumbers in a domino circle around the edge.
Mix the herbs into the cottage cheese in a bowl and then scoop a few tablespoons into the center of the plate
Add some freshly ground pepper and a dash of salt (optional) over the cucumber
For purely decorative and picture purposes, I cut the head of a red bell pepper and placed it in the centre.

Serve this easy breezy, absolutely healthy treat anytime, with no stress

AWARD


Thank you Malli of Mallis Mint and Mimosas and her wonderful comments and for sharing her FIRST lovely blog with me. Means a lot to be recognized - Thanks Malli!
Malli has left a new comment on your post "Pink Princess Layered Cake": 

Awesome cake and beautiful layers.
You have such an amazing blog with great photo posts and yummy recipes so here's an award I would like to pass on to you for a job Well Done!!Please pick it up from my site....ThnX 


24 comments:

  1. Very refreshing, inviting and beautiful salad..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice presentation looks colorful too
    good for health.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this triple C salad :))

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So healthy and yumm too..No wonder your kids finished up it so quick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salads ...the presentation looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a healthy,delicious and refreshing salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Priya,

    The salad looks scrumptious. Congrats on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful salad... and healthy too.. yummy :)
    and congrats on ur award :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the salad looks very good!..yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a refreshing salad.
    congrats on the award, you deserve it

    have a wonderful rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your triple C salad! Truly inviting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely looking salad...
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Healthy and a wonderful salad!! Lovely presentation!

    Gayu
    http://ensamayalarangam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. a whole some snack.lovely presentaion

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does sound like a deliciously wholesome snack, I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This salad was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time here ..loved ur blog and am glad following u.salad looks delicious and healthy...

    ReplyDelete