Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pink Princess Layered Cake

What Barney and Baby Bop do to my daughter and me!!! I cannot be too critical, because it was one of the Barney shows that kindled her interest in macavoni and cheese and bokklee ... so I will take the good with the bad - although I don't think too many people will agree that cake is bad ...
I had bookmarked this one at the time of her 2nd birthday but she was rather fixated on Barney and Elmo so I decided to shelve this project ... I am not into making desserts, but as a blogger, i require to be versatile, so I have been visiting a lot of websites to get some dessert and cake recipes. I found this one at Allrecipes.com - I have a changed a few things to suit availability and taste.


Ingredients:

1 box of Pillsbury Strawberry Cake mix
1 carton of Sara Lee's butter cream
1 box of fresh Strawberries

Preparation
Set oven to 350 degrees
Grease two 8 inch square pans and keep ready
Follow cake baking instructions on the Cake mix box
Bake for about 35 minutes

For the iciing
Wash and cut the strawberries
(set aside a few -3 or 4- for decorating your cake)
Grind with 1 tsp of milk
Whip this into the butter cream
Put the butter cream in the fridge to allow it to thicken a bit

When the cakes are ready, remove the first one from the pan and place on a flat baking plate
smear a thick layer of icing on the top of it
Place the second cake carefully and gently press down so that it will sit firmly
Then I simply dribbled the icling uniformly all over the cake, allow it to drip down the sides
Be creative about how you want to arrange the strawberries on top of the cake - I am sure you can come up with something better than my simple design :)
Did I remember to tell you to whip in a lot of love into the batter?
There you have it and trust me, if I can make it, you certainly can!
Cheers for now :)
For more pics, please visit my Flickr site in a few days...I promise to have it going soon

Kick-starting my Best Western Desserts Event with this entry and sending this to Mharo Rajasthan's Bookmarked recipes event


20 comments:

  1. sure ur daughter will enjoy this a lot......cute cake for the ittle princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour cake!!! Yummylicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks yummy and i love straw berry flavor and the color is awesome...want to have some....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking cake ! simply yummy!

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pink cake! Another cake coming from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who will not love it.. absolutely gorgeous cake..

    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks utterly yummy..wish to taste a piece..thx for stopping by kothiyavunu and for ur kind words.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks awesome... yummy.... want to bite a piece... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow looks yummy and colorful cake.
    Loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un gâteau qui semble délicieux.
    J'aime beaucoup.
    See soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For someone that says she's a baking beginner, this looks awesome! The color is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cake and beautiful layers.
    You have such an amazing blog with great photo posts and yummy recipes so here's an award I would like to pass on to you for a job Well Done!!Please pick it up from my site....ThnX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a beautiful pink cake it is! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Priya, this cake looks wonderful, and thanks for droppng n at my place, n ya, u guessed rite, at japan cos of hubbys work. I have posted many veg dishes too recentl, hope u enjoy them as well!

    ReplyDelete