Thursday, January 13, 2011

Koshumbir Salad

I am back, y'all and I want to kick start my new year blogging with a 5 minute recipe, as tasty as it is easy! This recipe is the direct result of my wonderful stay at Pune at my sister's home! Koshumbir salad is extremely popular with her family and I loved it too...So I made it today - keeping it simple considering I am still jet lagging like crazy! It goes really well with pretty well anything, and is a super dee duper stand alone dish that can be made and had at a moment's notice!

Ingredients

3-4 full sized carrots grated with the smaller teeth
1/2 cup of cilantro finely chopped
1/2 cup of roasted peanuts, powdered
2 green chillies slit
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
salt

Preparation

Add all the ingredients together except the chillies and oil
Heat the oil and put the chillies in it and fry for a minute
Then add to the salad and mix in well...

Serve with chappatis, as a side with rice and more-kozhambu, rasam or enjoy it as a salad.

 The finished product
 The grated carrots
 Cilantro finely chopped
Crushed peanuts added

4 comments: