Friday, December 24, 2010

Tag and Tagging


Thank you Nithu for tagging me! I finally found some time to actually sit and answer some of the questions.



Who inspired you to cook?

As a mother of discerning children, wife of a foodie husband, daughter of the most incredible cook for a mother and a sound critic for a father, inspiration comes naturally J.

If someone were to ask you to bring dessert to a party, what would you bring? Store bought, or homemade, and if you were to make homemade, what would you make?

Depending on how intimately I know the person who’s throwing the party, and depending on the crowd expected at the party, I plan and make my desserts accordingly.

Do you time your breakfast, lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry?

I usually start my day off with a homemade fruit juice and a cup of coffee and something a little light to energize myself. Lunch is a grab bag in that I make myself something really simple if and when I’m hungry. Dinner is the one meal that we definitely have.

Name three things you have to use in most recipes.

I use olive oil, herbs and spices.

 How important is eating meals together as a family to you?

All of us live very hectic lives, parents and children alike, and the one sit down meal that we have together is dinner, so that becomes the most important time spent together when we catch up with each others’ day. So the answer is: VERY important.

Do you have a New Year's resolution-and will you be sticking to it?

I have made resolutions in the past, been able to stick with it for a while, but many people have fallen off the wagon. So I think about a few things that I want to do in the new-year, but follow it loosely as not to feel pressured. In fact, this loose arrangement actually helps me keep my resolve better than a firm one.


 How will you celebrate your next birthday?

Cruising in a yacht in the Mediterranean Sea. Well, I don’t know, but just wishful thinking J.

What is your take on organic food, is it a big deal for you?

Honestly, growing up in India, I ate only organic foods, but now, it’s become a very expensive proposition. However, I am a huge fan of Dr. Oz and I tend to use certain organic products that he recommends are safer and better for health, and not obsess about being too rigid about using organic products.


Here are some ladies I’d like to tag:

Savitha Ramesh (Savitha’s Kitchen)
Saraswati (Sara’s Corner)
Torview Toronto
Dr. Sameena (My Culinary Creations)
Priya (Priya’s Nice n’ Easy Recipes)
Harini (Tamalapaku)
Rupali (Recipe Grab Bag)
Kurinji (Kurinji Kadambam)

Please keep the tag going, so we get to know our fellow bloggers better J.

PS: Please send in you recipes for my first event. The New Year’s around the corner! Merry Christmas Eve to all!




4 comments:

  1. Hi priya,nice to know abt u......Thank u for tagging me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know you feel family meals are important.And great reading more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being tagged dear. Love your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy new year to you n ur family , loved going thru ur wonderful blog !!!

    - Smita
    www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun foods for little eaters

    ReplyDelete