Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Apple-Cauliflower Soup

Listlessness. Exhaustion. Insomnia. Hence Inertia. This pretty much sums up the way I've been feeling for the past several weeks. I am not able to get myself to blog as often as I'd like to even if have made numerous delicacies and photographed some if not all of them. Give me some motivation guys - tell me something in your comments that makes me want to come back. I thank all the wonderful souls who have stopped by to comment on my blog - you are the reason I feel responsible to be consistent (to the best possible) with my recipes. 

Did I tell you that we got snowed in like the dickens and had no electricity or water (yes primitive living conditions in the most advanced nation - simply because we are on a well)  - Cold frigid nights, melting snow for water - need I say more - We have resolved to invest in a genie this year. 

Getting to recipe, this soup was conceived of a cauliflower waiting to be cooked and an apple, the last of the lot. I decided I would put them together and make this delicious soup (for the soul) and that's exactly what I did - My littlest one LOVES soups and she devoured it verily!

Ingredients
  • 1 medium cauliflower hear 
  • 1/2 onion (optional)
  • 1stalk of celery
  • 1 apple (I only buy Pink Lady apples)
  • 1 can of evaporated milk (optional can be subbed with water)
  • 1pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
  • 1tsp of freshly ground all spice
  • 1-2 tsp of olive oil

For garnishing since this is a rather mild soup
  • 1 jalapeƱo (optional) or freshly ground pepper kernels, cilantro
  • roasted almonds or cashews or freshly grated parmesan

Method


  1. Cut cauliflower into florets
  2. dice onions and apples and cook in olive oil.
  3. Add the evaporated milk and let it all cook together
  4. Add salt and remove from flame
  5. Grind into a smooth soup 
  6. Add the spices 
  7. Pour back into pan and let it cook some more

Serve hot with recommended garnish




No comments:

Post a Comment